A Supervised Study programme is available for all pupils attending The High School. The programme is based in the Demonstration Theatre on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday each week during term beginning at 4.00 pm and ening at 6.00 pm.
The cost of participating in the Supervised Study programme is as follows:
1 day per week €15
2 days per week €30
3 days per week €45
4 days per week €60
Application forms are available from Mr McDonnell, Mr O'Brien, or the Office.
There are significant advantages to participating in the Supervised Study programme including the following:
- Pupils who complete their homework regularly and thoroughly obtain higher grades in examinations
- The regular completion of homework and study during the year leads to less stress prior to examinations and less confrontation between pupils and teachers over incomplete or late work
In addition, the Supervised Study programme offers the following benefits:
- Study is carried out under strict conditions - pupils work individually and in silence
- Good study habits are established and maintained from the outset
- Homework is completed by 6.00 pm in most cases
- The evening is free for other activities and parents do not have to worry about supervising homework
- There is an opportunity for additional study if homework is completed in less than two hours
- Pupils in certificate examination classes can be encouraged to plan additional study periods at home during the evening
In order to sign up for Supervised Study programme, please complete the form (to download click HERE) and return it to the supervisor in an envelope with pupils' name on the front, with cheque (payable to The High School) or cash, on the first day of the programme. The date on which the Supervised Study programme begins is usually a few days after the beginning of term. It will be announced to pupils in Assembly and/or published in the Newsletter.